Fat Ninja Studios
Darksiders: Wrath of War 200px-USSTRATCOM_emblem
Fat Ninja Studios
Darksiders: Wrath of War 200px-USSTRATCOM_emblem
Fat Ninja Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fat Ninja Studios

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darksiders: Wrath of War

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RagingAntibody
Admin
Admin
RagingAntibody

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2006-12-05

Darksiders: Wrath of War Empty
PostSubject: Darksiders: Wrath of War   Darksiders: Wrath of War Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:08 pm

Show / Hide Guide Roadmap
Overview:
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10
- Offline: 43 (1000 )
- Online: 0
- Approximate amount of time to 1000 : 20-25 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
- Number of missable achievements: 4
- Does difficulty affect achievements: Yes
- Glitched achievements: None
- Do cheat codes disable achievements: No

This is an easy, fun and relatively quick game for 1000 . Follow the steps below to minimize your playtime.
Except for the four missable achievements, there is absolutely nothing you can miss. You can travel everywhere you need to after you beat the game.
For BFA (Unlocked EVERYTHING!), this seems to stack across multiple playthroughs. Because I only missed Improvised Kills (and BFA of course), I started another game and when I got this achievement, BFA popped up right after.

Step 1: Play on Apocalyptic difficulty setting. It's not really hard, just learn to dodge and try to get the 10 Abyssal Armor pieces as soon as you can after you get the Abyssal Chain.

Step 2: Use the environment (cars, tables, poles etc.) to kill 150 zombies or other easy enemies until you get: Improvised Kills

Step 3: Use your secondary weapon (Scythe and Tremor Gauntlet) a lot on easy monsters to minimize weapon XP grinding after you beat the game. Don't worry about getting your Chaoseater to level four, trust me.

Step 4: Make sure to collect Fury's Embrace from The Black Throne. This item will reveal all collectibles and all maps. Shortly after you obtain the Voidwalker, you will come across a room with no floor and a self building bridge, look up to the left and you will see a portal spot.

Step 5: Finish the remaining achievements. This should be mostly killing and collecting.

The 4 missable achievements are:
- Open Air Parking - In the first level, you come across a Rock Giant, just after a checkpoint. A chopper will come flying your direction, grab a car with , click and aim it at the copper. If you miss, just reload your checkpoint.

- Aerial Predator - On your way to the Twilight Cathedral make a manual save before you use the only Beholder Key in the level The Broken Stair.
You will play a Panzer Dragoon style minigame, focus on the smaller enemies that will cross your screen. This achievement may take a few tries. Also check your kill count before starting this, so you can check areas where you can improve on kills inbetween the checkpoints.

- Who's Counting? - Make a manual save right after you exit the sewers in The Anvil's Ford. After meeting Ulthane, you will have to fight Angels. Don't worry too much in the beginning, after you find a gun dropped by an enemy, use this to catch up and overtake Ulthane's killcount. Also, don't hesitate to "help" Ulthane, so you will get more kills.

- Improvised Kills - When I tried going for this, I found out that there weren't enough destructibles left to get 150 kills this way, so get this done when you can. Zombies and spiders are good for this. Just don't destroy too many destructibles for Souls.

Conclusion
Just play and finish the game on Apocalyptic, make sure you get the four missable achievements. After you collected the Mask of Shadows, you can open and reach every chest you need to complete this game for a sweet 1000 .

x360a would like to thank rokkyrok for this Road Map

Prison Break 20
Free Samael from his prison
Vulgrim will send you to see Samael. Just make your way thought the library and when you get out the other side, you will be in the “Scalding Gallow” Keep running straight up into what is best described as a alter and kill the Demon that is there, then push the gargoyles into place to release Samael.
Death Dealer 10
Meet Vulgrim
You will get this right after you finish the intro level. You will be instructed to meet Vulgrim at “The Crossroads”. Make your way there and you will get a cutscene were you meet him.
Like A Bat Outta Hell 40
Defeat Tiamat
When you work your way through the “Twilight Cathedral”, you will fight Tiamat. This is not a very hard fight. When you see a chance throw a bomb and then take out your crossblade, lock onto the fire that is all around, and move the fire onto the bomb on Tiamat. It will explode and she will fall to the ground. Run in and start attacking. When she gets up she will do a few strafing runs, so dodge out of the way until she stands still, then repeat the attack. When you hurt her enough, you will be able to fight her on the ground. All I did was rush in, attack a few times, and then rush out. When she jumps high in the air, run away because she is going to do a ground smash. She may also rush you and you will get a quick time event when she hits you. Press and if you win the quick time event, you stun her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2KWwUPtmY0
One Tough Cookie 10
Meet Ulthane
When you make it through “The Drowned Pass”, you will enter “The Anvil’s Forge” and get a cut scene where you will meet Ulthane.
Rocked Your Face Off 40
Defeat The Griever
You face Griever at the end of “The Hollows”. There will be lots of those blue crystals that you will need to smash. If they get hit with his laser, they will turn red and you will have to wait till they cool down and turn blue again. Once they are all destroyed, take that train car push it up and then charge your Tremor Gauntlet and smash it into his knee. He will fall down and you can rush in and smash his blue crystal. When he pushes you back, he will smash the wall to make rocks fall, so just run around and dodge. If you break off a little early, you can run down the opposite track as the car. If you run just in the tunnel, you can push it back before he starts to drop rocks, stunning him again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fYd5BSEGto
Ashes to Ashes 40
Defeat The Stygian
This can be an annoying fight and you'll want to stay on horseback for it. Once she is free, you need to run parallel to her and attack with your sword to smash off her muzzle. Don’t get in front of her. Once it is off, she will call a few of the really small enemies. Just shoot them and watch out for them coming from the sides. Once they're dealt with, go back to the Stygian. Just like that little one before, keep shooting and she will go down. Use boost if it’s getting too close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56c8qi8_oA0
One Mean Mother 40
Defeat Silitha
This is not too hard, but she is fast. Use your Abyssal Chain here to pull yourself to her and just start attacking. If she teleports above you, get out of the way because she is going to try and crush you. It might help to have something to heal yourself with because you don’t really want to slow down on your attacks. When she jumps to the roof, grapple on the hooks she drops, and climb up to her. If you wait too long, they turn to bombs.
Payback's A B**** 50
Defeat Straga
When the fight starts, use your Voidwalker on his mace and then on the ground. When he brings it around jump through and attack his soft spot. He will fling you off and fall down, so attack away. When he gets back up, he will summon smaller demons. As you fight them he will do a wide sweep attack. Don’t bother trying to put a portal on his mace because it will go away when he gets ready to do his attack. He may also do a smash attack, but you will see his hand raise, so you can dodge it. Just keep repeating this pattern and he will die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O6es0VEBjw
The Final Challenger? 70
Defeat The Destroyer
This is not too hard. When it first starts out, it is a game of chicken. He will charge you, you will charge him on horseback and attack with your sword. If you hit, he will fall to the ground, so go in and attack. When he gets back up, he will fly high into the air. When you hear him yell, boost because he is about to land on you. If it hits, you will be thrown off and he will go back to charging, so just repeat. I didn’t notice the attack symbol above his head until I got knocked off Ruin, so I’m not sure how long it takes to get to that point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5jIdRZiRV4

For the next part, I just went all out and landed a few attacks. I rushed out and rushed in mostly using air combos, so some of his attacks would miss. You can also go to chaos form if needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDrBK8D1piQ
Back to top Go down
https://fat-ninja.forumotion.com
RagingAntibody
Admin
Admin
RagingAntibody

Number of posts : 1289
Registration date : 2006-12-05

Darksiders: Wrath of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darksiders: Wrath of War   Darksiders: Wrath of War Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:09 pm

Balance Restored 100
COMPLETE the game on NORMAL difficulty
See The True Horseman
The True Horseman 100
COMPLETE the game on APOCALYPTIC difficulty
These achievements do stack, so you can choose to play the game on Apocalyptic difficulty and earn all three achievements in a single playthrough. If you're having a hard time with this, you can play on Normal to get the feel for the bosses and collect the Abyssal Armor, which will let you take less damage. You can get it in Normal and start Apocalyptic with it.
To Move A Mountain 10
Collect the Earthcaller
When you first meet Vulgrim, he will want souls. Collect them and you will get this in return. This item allows you to open up the giant rock golem doors.
Who's Counting? 20
Defeat more angels than Ulthane
After your battle with Ulthane, you two will be fighting groups of angels. All I did was steal his kills. When you get separated, one will drop a cannon. Just use that to kill the others and you should have no problem staying ahead of him. I had 25 to about 15 when I got it.
Reach Out And Touch Somebody 10
Collect the Abyssal Chain
You get this in “Slitha's Loom”. Once again, you will use this for the puzzles here and the final boss.
Into the Void 10
Collect the Voidwalker
You get this in “The Black Throne”.
Elemental Thief 10
Collect the Crossblade
You will get this in the “Twilight Cathedral”. You will have to use this for most of the puzzles in this area and the final boss, Tiamat.
Sight Beyond Sight 10
Collect the Mask of Shadows
Azrel will give you this to go off and look for the broken pieces of the Armageddon Blade.
Devastator 10
Kill 10 enemies with one Blade Geyser wrath attack
I got this in “The Choking Grounds”. When you first go there, the giant stone golem will ask for you to lift the curse, you have to go to four portals and do various tasks. At one of them you have to kill 40 enemies. You will know you are in the right one because a lot of zombies will be on the ground. First thing they do not mass huddle around you. If it’s not upgraded, you will only get five or six. What I did was run into a corner turned around and a lot had grouped up, so I dashed out and used the Blade Geyser when I hit the middle, getting 16 kills. You can make a save before this, but it will auto save just outside the portal.

Tremor Bringer 10
Collect the Tremor Gauntlet
You will get this in “The Hollows” and you will use it for most of the puzzles and the final boss.
An Old Friend 10
Collect Mercy
You get this from Ulthane for making it back from “The Hollows”.
Reaper 10
Collect the Scythe
There are two ways of going about this. The first is to buy it for 1000 souls from Vulgrim. Alternatively, you can go into your options menu and enter the code “The Hollow Lord”. You will get it when you next visit Vulgrim and it does not disable the achievement. The code is case sensitive.
Aerial Predator 20
Kill 160 enemies while on the angelic beast
When you unlock the creepy eye door in “The Broken Stairs” save your game. When you jump to the next building, there will be a cutscene and at the end you will be on the “Ancient One”. Now the trick here is to use . It has a lock on feature where you can lock onto multiple targets even if they have flown behind you. At the beginning, you are going to want to focus on the angels, but make sure you're locking onto the other enemies too. They don’t take too much to kill and you need to get kills as fast as you can. When you get into the caves, you will see small little bugs in groups lock on, fire, and repeat as fast as you can.
Full Power 20
Collect the maximum amount of lifestones
See Wrath of War

Wrath of War 20
Collect the maximum amount of wrath cores
Here is a link to the guide for the Artifacts, Lifestones, and Wrath Cores.
Wrath Machine 10
Collect all the Wrath Powers
Go to Vulgrim and on the last page he has three other wrath powers to buy. When you gather enough souls, you can buy the other three. Two of them are locked, when they unlock I’m not too sure. Stoneskin is 2000 souls, Immolation is 2500 souls, and Affliction is also 2500 souls.

Reunited 20
Obtain Ruin
You get Ruin in the Ashlands in the arena. Fight off the demon that is riding him then kill him on the ground. You will get a cutscene and Ruin.
Don't Make Me Angry 20
Collect the Chaos Form Ability
You gain this from Samael for bringing him Tiamat's heart.
Chasm Jumper 10
Gain the Shadowflight Ability
Once you have released Samael from prison, he will give you this ability. To activate it just double jump and hold .
Legendary Form 20
Collect the Abyssal Armor Set
Here is a YouTube video for the pieces.

YouTube- Darksiders: Abyssal Armor Piece Locations

Time Lapse 15
Gain the Chronomancer Ability
This is another ability you get from Samael for returning a heart. It is used to stop or slow time - mainly for the Ashlands.
Battle Hardened 20
Max out all weapons and unlock all combat moves
This will take time and I would recommend doing this on the Apocalyptic difficulty as the enemies give more experience. Get enhancements that gather more souls and gain more weapon experience. The chaoseatter that you start with will later be replaced with a Level Four sword, so you only need to worry about the Scythe and Tremor Gauntlet. When you get all the upgrades from Vulgrim and level up your weapons this should pop.

High Flier 20
Kill 5 duskbats without touching the ground
I also go this one in “The Choking Grounds”. The challenge where you have to kill 30 enemies with finishing moves. The first four are the duskbats, it took me about four tries. The fourth one would always fly to far to get the fifth. Jump and do the move to do an instant kill as you are doing the move swing your camera to the next and push on the to jump towards it then hit again close to it. Keep doing that and more should spawn before your done with the first four and with some luck they will have moved close to you.
Improvised Kills 10
Kill 150 enemies with items from the environment
An easy way to get started is on the first level. There will be lots of people running around in the chaos and they count for kills, so just pick up something and try to kill them before the other enemies do. Later, try and kill the zombies, as they are quite weak. If you have a hard time finding them later in the game, just attack some of the demons around until they have that finish move above their head and then kill them. When you get it, throw on the “Ravager” Enhancement because it improves damage with environmental weapons.
You Call This Easy? 10
COMPLETE the game on EASY difficulty
See The True Horseman
Open Air Parking 5
Destroy a helicopter during the apocalypse with a vehicle
You can only get this in the opening level. The one I got was at the beginning when you turn the corner and see the giant rock golem. Walk down the street a bit with a car and a helicopter should come flying toward you on your left hand side.

Secret Achievements

Treasure Hunter 20
Search 150 Caskets
This one isn’t that hard. Whenever you see a chest, open it.

Horseman 20
Kill 150 demons from horseback
When you first get your horse there will be a lot of enemies that jump down and attack. The same thing happens when you go to kill the Stygian. You will still be short on kills. If you want to grind, there is always a few guys in the “Scalding Gallow” near the start of the game where you release Samael
Slayer 10
Kill 666 Demons
This is another easy one to get. Just kill everything you see. You should get this by the second or third boss.
World Raider 30
Collect all 27 Artifacts
See Wrath of War

Rivers of Blood 10
Shed 3000 Gallons of demon blood
This is another one that you get without really paying attention. With each bloody kill you accumulate demon blood. You can check this with the back button and going to stats. In my first play through, I had spilled close to 5000 gallons.
Dark Rider 10
Ride for 100 miles
If you want an easy way to do this, when you kill the Stygian go out to the open put an elastic band on the and just run in circles.
Ultimate Blade 20
Forge the Armageddon Blade
You will start this just before the final battle. Go around the world collecting all the pieces and then take them back to Ulthane when you have them all and he will forge it for you.
BFA 30
Unlocked EVERYTHING!
This one will unlock when you have gotten all other achievements, just keep playing and this will pop with your last one.
Back to top Go down
https://fat-ninja.forumotion.com

Darksiders: Wrath of War
Page 1 of 1